Samuel, Susanna, John, and Charles Wesley (left to right)
The Wesleys and Their Times
John Wesley is the founder of Methodism. His brother Charles wrote over 9000 hymns and poems. Don't miss the Methodist historical pictures in our online library. We scanned these public domain graphics. If you use them, please use the following credit line: From "The Wesleys and Their Times," http://gbgm-umc.org/umhistory/wesley/ , courtesy of the General Board of Global Ministries, The United Methodist Church.
Primary Materials (written or edited by Wesley)
- 38 Questions and Answers about Christian Perfection.
- Advice to a People Called Methodist.
- The Character of a Methodist.
- Collection of Hymns, for the Use of the People Called Methodists edited by the Rev. John Wesley, 1889 (public domain).
445K zip file plain text file or read the book online. .
- Explanatory Notes on the New Testament
700K zipped plain text file.
- John Wesley on How to Read the Scriptures.
- John Wesley on Prayer.
- John Wesley's Last Letter (on Slavery to William Wilberforce).
- Obras de Wesley
A 14 volume set of John Wesley's works in Spanish that includes sermons, doctrinal treatises, Bible commentaries, faith and works spirituality, journals, and letters.
- A Plain Account of Christian Perfection.
- Primitive Physick or An Easy and Natural Method of Curing Most Diseases (Preface only).
- The Question, "What Is an Arminian?" Answered.
- Sermons (141) of John Wesley:
Numeric List, Title List, and Scripture Reference List.
- A Short History of Methodism.
- Thoughts Upon Slavery by John Wesley.
Secondary Materials (written by others about Wesley)