UMCOR Feature Stories and Resources for All Ages
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR).
Please visit UMCOR's photo library and church bulletin inserts library.
Feature Stories 2005
Feature Stories 2004
- Miracle on 86th Street at Church of St. Paul and St. Andrew, UMCOR, December 8, 2004.
- "Thank You, Methodists": A Bishop Solidifies the Peace in Democratic Republic of Congo, UMCOR, December 3, 2004.
- United Methodists Help Save Girls' and Women's Lives Through School and Literacy Programs, December 1, 2004.
- From Rubble to Schools and Clinics: UMCOR Begins New Afghan Project, GBGM, May 25, 2004.
- UMCOR to Energize Albania Development by Selling Donated Sunflower Oil, GBGM, May 25, 2004.
- A Future for the Children: A School Lunch Program in Haiti, R. Paul Doherty, reprinted from New World Outlook magazine.
- A Crack in the Repression: Afghan Women Register to Vote, Signal Optimism, UMCOR OGHS Story, March 8, 2004.
Feature Stories 2003
- Delighted Afghan Children Receive UMCOR School Kits, UMCOR, October 17, 2003.
- After Isabel, a Struggle for Normalcy: UMCOR Helps with Long-term Recovery, PJ Heller, September 24, 2003.
- On Hatteras After Isabel, It All Comes Out in the Wash: Churches Find a Way to Help, PJ Heller, September 24, 2003.
- Liberian Bishop Seeks Relief for Country in Need, UMCOR, August 12, 2003.
- In Turkey, Hearing Impaired Students Give Major Performance, UMCOR, August 5, 2003.
- After Isabel, People Need to Know Others Care, Disaster News Network, September 22, 2003.
- UMCOR in Afghanistan: Helping the Returnees, Henry Hamilton, New World Outlook, May/June, 2003.
- Access to Chicuque Rural Hospital Sees a Young, Pregnant Woman Through Malaria and Premature Delivery, May 2003.
- Chicuque Rural Hospital Helps a United Methodist Woman Beat Tuberculosis, May 2003.
- Lazarus Gets a Second Chance through Chicuque Rural Hospital, May 2003.
- UMCOR Housing Project Brings Families Back Together in Bagram, Afghanistan, UMCOR, March 6, 2003.
Feature Stories 2002
More Stories and Pictures