An UMCOR staff person in UMCOR Sudan talks with a displaced farmer. UMCOR has provided IDPs with seeds and tools to help displaced people to plant crops as the rainy season gets underway in Darfur.
Credit: Paul Jeffrey/UMCOR.
- Agriculture: Provide assistance for agricultural production; processing and marketing; training, technical and financial assistance; extension services; and rehabilitation of key rural infrastructures.
- Civil Society and Community Development: Support for vocational, cultural, extracurricular and civic programs; local capacity building; technical and financial support to local organizations and individuals; civil society building; conflict resolution; and skills training.
- Gender-Based Programming: Support for income generation activities, local women’s organizations, vocational skills training for trafficked women, leadership skills training, and reproductive and primary healthcare focused on women.
- Health: Assist health care delivery by providing health education, training, management and administrative capacity building services, medicines, medical supplies, and equipment.
- HIV/AIDS: Educate individuals and communities about HIV/AIDS prevention and provide support for those living with HIV/AIDS.
- Humanitarian Response and Intervention: Provide post-emergency assistance through temporary shelters, winterization services, and distributing non-food aid items.
- Income Generation: Aid business development and management through loans and grants, training, and technical assistance.
- Reconstruction: Construct or repair houses, physical infrastructures (such as electricity networks, water supply systems and street lighting), educational and health institutions, and public buildings.
- Education: Support for formal and non-formal education programs, including vocational, cultural, extracurricular and civic programs. These programs are in conjunction with other initiatives aimed at civil society building, conflict resolution and skills training.
- Peace Building: Support for communities to move toward wholeness and stability through changing attitudes, skills and understanding.
- Demobilization, Disarmament, Rehabilitation and Reintegration (DDRR): Aid in post conflict community building by assisting those who were formerly involved in the conflict to lay down their weapons and become contributing members of society.