In some countries, children don't have books or school supplies. Many have no schoolrooms; classes are held in inadequate or half-destroyed buildings, tents, or even the open air. Often students must write down everything the teacher says or records on a board. Their teacher's knowledge and their own notes are their only textbooks. School kits may be these children's only educational resources. This UMCOR kit is designed for a variety of ages.
School Kit Items Value: $11 per kit
- 1 pair blunt scissors (rounded tip)
- 2 pads (or loose leaf) of 8 1/2" x 11" ruled paper
- 1 30-centimeter ruler
- 1 hand held pencil sharpener
- 6 unsharpened pencils with erasers
- 1 eraser, 2 1/2"
- 12 sheets construction paper (varied colors)
- 1 box of 24 crayons (only 24)
Prepare a 14" x 16" (finished size) cloth bag with handles and a closure (Velcro®, snap or button) and place items in the bag. Patterns are available from UMCOR Sager Brown or click here for a pattern that you can use.
Thank you for your donation— it helps sustain lives!
Important Kit Assembly Information
- All items included in kits must be NEW items.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items—nothing more.
- Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
For Processing / Shipping Costs and Instructions
See “Processing and Shipping Costs” in the menu at the left side.
Photo Credit: Emily Will, MCC