The Black Church and HIV/AIDS
This page has links to onsite and offsite news, features, church statements, and worship resources related to African Americans, the church, and HIV/AIDS.
Onsite News and Features
- The Black Church Week of Prayer 2005.
- The Black Church Week of Prayer 2004.
- Silence on HIV/AIDS Spells Death, Church Leaders Warn, UMNS, December 10, 2002.
- Black Churches Pray for the Healing of AIDS, UMW, February 23, 2001.
- TV Program Will Show Two Cities' Joint Efforts Against AIDS, UMNS, January 4, 2001.
Focus Papers, Statements and Worship Resources
Offsite News and Features
- One Black Church in Miami Takes A Rocky Journey to Confront AIDS,
- Wall Street Journal, February 14, 2002
- AIDS and the African American Church in the South, Religion & Ethics Newsweekly, Original PBS Broadcast: January 11, 2002.
- Emergency Call: How AIDS Is Hurting Black Communities, Kai Wright Village Voice, June 14-20, 2000.
- African Americans Focus on AIDS Outreach, Christianity Today, April 24, 2000.
- Model AIDS Program Housed in African-American Church, John S. James, AIDS Treatment News, May 7, 1999.