James 4:11-17 Planning? Discussion
Experiential Activity Discussion Questions
- How is planning similar or different to storing ample goods?
- How much of our personal planning is about procuring and saving
money? Church planning?
- Is it OK for Christians to save money for the future? Why or
Study the Text Small Group Discussion Questions James 4:13-17
- Who would be the equivalent of the wealthy merchants today?
- Are wealth and planning necessarily the same thing? Do you think
James means to condemn one or both?
- How is boasting connected to the wealth and planning?
- What does it mean to us today if the early church was mostly
made up of the poor and oppressed?
Large Group Discussion Questions James 4:11-12
- What is James trying to tell Christians in these verses?
- What does it mean to Christians today if James letter is a commentary
on the Law as described in Leviticus?
- Why do you think these two verses are placed here in the middle
of chapter four? How are these verses related to either James
4:1-10 or James 4:13-17?